Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

-Just got the book "Mushroom Clouds and Mushroom Men". The book chronicles the fantasy films of Ishiro Honda. Reading the preface to the book, I was struck by the author's remarks about using the original Japanese titles for each movie. This part did not strike odd to me as purists would know what the Japanese names to the movies are, but when I turned to the chapter about the first Godzilla movie, the author claimed that the original Japanese title was "Godzilla". Any fan knows that the first Godzilla movie is known as "Gorjira". It things like this that makes me not want to read certain books.

-Is it me or do the tv spots for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake get you pumped for the movie?

-Looking at the release schedule for the rest of the year makes me sad. There seems to be a drought of good horror movies coming up after April 30th.

-Watched the trailer for Human Centipede and have come to the conclusion that some ideas should stay within the minds of the creators. My God does that movie looked fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment